Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Paris

Bon Jour...
Its day 3 in Paree...let me recap what i have been up to in the Romantic city till now...
Day 1: Surreal
Reached by around 8.40 in the morning. Got into a taxi to the hotel. I guess the route from Charles De Gaulle to the hotel is not quite the best way to acquaint yourself with Paris. Simple architecture...mostly industrial buildings...so I wasnt too impressed...
The hotel...I am lodged in an ApartHotel that will be my home for the next 3 months. Its a tad bigger than a matchbox I guess...atleast it seemed that way. Anyways with a lil help from JP I have rearranged the room better and I have become quite accustomed to it now so I guess it aint too bad...Have not yet started cooking though...need to go to the super market and buy vegetables etc...plan to do that today evening...
Coming back to Day 1, unpacked, got ready and left for the office with JP...its a nice walk...albeit very very hot....i am actually getting cooked here..and the absence of air-conditioning in my room doesnt help! we walk over a bridge on the Seine....and I got my first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower...wasnt breathtaking and all though...reahed office...met some ppl...made a nice new friend in the office..Issoup..who is my colleague cum French Tutor cum answer to most problems...:-) really sweet guy..
Didnt have much work to do..so JP and I set off at 6 to explore the city that is to be my home for a while...Took the tram to La Defense...which has this huge arch called the Grande Arch...and some brilliant sky scrapers...really nice..and the mall in the station is well..shopper's paradise I guess..its really huge...anyways...had a nice cup of hot chocolate (what else!) at this bustling cafe near Grande Arch...and then the surreal part of my day began...took the metro to Champs Elysses.....wich is an avenue from the Arc De Triumphe to the Concorde....it houses all the top brands from across the world....and it is here that I learnt my fave french word....Soldes...which means Sale!!!!....The entire avenue is cobbled and you get glimpses of European architecture which is just beautiful...you have loads of cinemas here as well..so JP and I watched Superman Returns..which I had really wanted to watch....had dinner at Quicks...this fast food joint....had a nice veg roll....and reached home at 1....finito day 1 in Paris...
Day 2: Sleep Walking...
Managed to drag my sorry self to the office....the constant travelling and the late nights had finally taken their toll on me.. could barely do any kelsa..so left for home by around 5...and crashed....had dinner in Venkata's room and slept...
Shall put up a post abt the rest of this week and pictures on Monday (lundi in french1)..

A Bien Toh:!

1 comment:

chicago said...

good! sleep well and eat well.... work well and see the place completely :).........