Friday, September 29, 2006

Paris updates

Alrite...I have completely stopped my chain of reporting on my day to day activities in Paris...for one...coz like all good things...it had to come to an end ( ha ha kidding!)..Life had become routine. with long nights at the office..so only weekends were spent doing anything..as far as exploring Paris goes...I have not done a very good job..sad but true..so much I would like to see in this amazing city..and now there is hardly any time left...

My last update stopped with the trip to Italy so shall continue from there. Went up the Eiffel..gorgeous view of Paris..nice time..did nothing else exceptional that week..

First weekend after mom left was very unremarkable...did not feel like going out much or seeing new places..guess too much of a good thing can also be bad..so I just rested the entire weekend...

Next weekend..met up with a friend from coll..saw Sacre Cour..saw the outside of Jardins Du Luxemborg..saw Tour MontParnasse..huge building..have a nice pic in front of it too..for the select few who I have sent links to my abum..you may see this..shall send the links to others as well..that Sunday..we saw Pont De Alexder..one of the prettiest bridges in Paris leading to Invalides..500m of manicured lawn, Palais Royal..and all this on one of those typical French mornings..cloudy with a promise of rain in the air. Then we walked upto Musee D'Orsay and then took the RER to St. Michel..walked in the by lanes of St. Michel and stumbled upon this amazing place that has every board game known to man in there..its just stocked with board games..really super!had a nice lunch of tomata feta cheese sandwich followed by yummy hot chocolate..then we headed inside the Notre Dame Cathedral..I find it strange that I still haven't had the chance to read Victor Hugo's The Hunchback of Notre Dame..thin I will do it as soon as I reach India..went inside the church..saw the famous stained glass paintings..wasn't the best day to visit the place coz the absence of sunlight outside meant I really could not appreciate the beauty of the windows..but I will be going back theer again so its fine I guess..

The past weekend..Friday..we were treated to a brilliant display of fireworks at Parc De Villette..just brilliant! Saturday was dedicated to shopping..spent the Saturday browsing through dozens of shops in the La Defense mall..did not buy to much though..checked out some Harley Davidson bikes..these pics are also in my album..Sunday we went to ChateĆ u De Versailles...nice place..would not mind getting married there (:-) )..guess noone would..saw the musical fountain show..sat in those quaint horse drawn carriages...big horses are very very smelly...eeeeew!! Pretend-rowed a boat...got some awesome pics taken of myself..God bless Sachin! and then returned..had dinner and tachi..

This week was murder at work..but its Friday today..and all my work is done..went and watched an amazing movie last night...The Devil Wears Prada..in a nutshell its abt a Boss from hell and an employee from heaven..and the people who watched the movie..an employee from hell and a boss from heaven..yeah..Sachin and moi (kidding! Im a jem to work with..no sniggers here!) Hence the inspiration to look nice..which is why yours truly is dressed to kill today in a lovely green indian dress with bindi et all..looking verrrrrry ladylike and fairly pretty...

ok thats it for the Paris updates...

1 comment:

JayaPrakash S said...

too many details given in short ... which is kinda good now ..

You seem to have covered everything... except shopping...

All the best for disney.. that is a marvelous place... please be there at 9:00 and remain there till 7:00. visit both the desney land and disney studios...

Have Fun :)

NZOI