Friday, May 18, 2007

These are a few of my favourite things!!

Dunno why...but I suddenly feel like remembering all the things that bring an instant smile on my face...not that I am not smiling or laughing these days...but I have this strange feeling that I have forgotten the smaller pleasures in life....
 
Alrite...lets see....
 
the smell of rain....the feeling of rain on your tongue as you stick it out when you're riding...the sheer joy of walking when it is pouring buckets...ok enough about rain...or I might start sounding like a wannabe Yash Chopra heroine...
 
the smell of seasoning wafting from the kitchen...the smell of the Temple Flower...jasmine in my mother's hair...the smell of chocolate...to eat molten chocolate and have it all over your face..looking quite like the cat that ate the canary :-)....the smell of a clean baby...the smell of "rasam saadam" mixed with dollops of ghee a la mummy....fresh air on a crisp winter morning...to exhale little clouds while waiting for my school van....
 
the first mango of summer..to have it with vanilla ice-cream like when we were kids...to sit on a swing and have someone push you so that you can go as high as you want to...the butterflies you get in your stomach on a the Giant wheel...or on a dip in the road....to laugh and laugh till I have tears streaming down my eyes...to completely exasperate a person...to be welcomed home with a warm hug...to look back after saying goodbye...
 
the feel of fresh linen....the feel of my mom's hand ruffling through my hair...cold fingers around a hot mug of chocolate...the feel of a little hand clasped around your index finger..my mom applying "vibhuthi" before every exam or important presentation...the feel of cold metal against my skin....
 
 
And the best sound of all...the first sound I can ever remember hearing....my mom calling me Amu....and no matter how many people call me Amu today....noone can say it quite like her!!!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhhmmmmmm, the more I read, the more am convinced abt the "Typical manjula side" of urs...sigh!!!!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.