Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Rulez are meant to be broken

I think inside every Indian exists a rebel who believes that "Rules are meant to be broken". That would help explain paan stains on walls where it is prohibited, Movie posters co-existing with a "Stick No Bills" plea and the less said about our road sense the better!!

The anarchist in me is probably a result of having been in a convent for most of my first decade on earth. Suppression at that tender age can lead to indelible scarring!! Kidding kidding...the worst part about my years in the convent has been that I have spent the better part of my childhood kneeling on the floor than sitting on a bench and that I have lost respect for most rules.

Rules that were always meant to be broken / General aphorisms that dont hold much water in my opinion!

--> Look to the left, right and left again before crossing the road.

My take : Walk onto the road. Noone wants a death on their hands. The vehicles will stop by themselves. Caution : The above rule does not hold for public transport vehicles (BTS buses and auto-rickshaws!!)

--> Silence is Golden

My take : Yeah right!!! People are silent either coz they dont know what to say or coz they are too chicken to say it!!

--> Sharing is Caring

My Take : As long as you're the one thats getting the "caring" :-)

--> Distance makes the heart grow fonder..

My take : Distance pushes the aforesaid heart towards other hearts in closer geographical proximity!!

hmmm.....I need to add a few more to this list. Shall keep updating it..as I keep breaking new rulez..

Till then.. Cheers and Happy Rule Breaking!

2 comments:

Abhishek Nag said...

ok, here's a more verbose comment.

unforgiven said...

Adeges and rules have very little to do with each other.