Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Paris - Week 3

Day 15: Monday

Put up my post on Belgium...Got a lot of Oooohs and Aaaahs abt the Belgium pics :-) Got a few mails appreciating my blog..thank you people.

Had lotsa domestic chores to do..my room looked like a tornado has ripped through it..so left early for home..went to the supermarket to pick up milk, onions, bread etc....I almost sound like a Frau..Did not feel like cooking...was too tired with all the travelling and having fun that I just slept.

Day 16: Tuesday

Hmmm...the problem with writing posts a week after is that you can’t remember much abt most days...So I shall write abt something else...to all the Soap addicts...please please please keep me updated on the happenings on Desperate Housewives and Bold and Beautiful...do it as a personal favour to me and you earn eternal gratitude..there is nothing more frustrating than watching these in French and kicking yourself for not knowing the language..I have gone to the heights of muting and trying to lip read but failed miserably...so please..I beseech you kindred souls! Maybe I need help! I think I need to join Soap-ics Anonymous or something..

Day 17: Wednesday

Picked up a Lonely Planet - Paris from the library..read and read...learnt a lot about the history of Paris..blah..blah..interesting read..managed to get my laundry done as well...and found the treasure trove of beautiful places that Paris holds! All excited, I made plans for Sachin and me for the weekend...


Day 18: Auchan...Lost

I think the gods of direction are very displeased with us when we go to Auchan. Because Sachin and I are known to have a fairly good sense of direction...we managed Antwerpen and Brussels without getting lost! So, after spending 3 weeks in Paris, we could only blame God for our misfortune..we took the bus this time..got down at the right stop( apparently!)..but finding ourselves on unchartered territory, we took the next bus and headed 2 stops ahead and walked back to the hotel...hopeless!!! or just Auchan I guess...

Day 19: Swiss Embassy and Invalides

Went to the Swiss Embassy today to enquire about the Swiss visa..No can do..so trudged back to the office. Did a spot of exploring before that though and chanced upon this beautiful area in Paris known as Invalides. Beautiful gardens..wide, cobbled avenues..some brilliant examples of Gothic/ Renaissance architecture..Just so you all know..I was not mindlessly loafing on an office day but was looking at the most optimum way to get to the office and that involved this pleasant, gifted walk. Reached office and gorged on a triple cheese pizza for lunch! Realised..Blue cheese does not go down too well with me...end of Another working week..

Day 20: French..maybe Italian!

Yo...beautiful morning..got up late..had a nice breakfast of cheese toast and we left on our day out in Paris...moi wearing a nice summer dress..and looking all french( according to Isoup a lil Italian maybe!)..Went to Louis Vuitton on Champs Elysses..Aaaaah..the cheapest thing there was a keychain the size of a 1€ coin worth 140€...OMG..but the place was amazing..as is my wont..fell in love with 2 dresses, a top and a diamond something and the Louis Vuitton brooch! I am seriously high maintenance!!! Went from here to the Hugo Boss showroom...I actually did not like their collection this season so we left soon enough! And then..the reason I was all excited about Paris..Chanel..Ooo la la..it is the city of the rich if not famous...have always wanted to possess a piece of Chanel...will have to most certainly defer that wish for the time being..but the lone disappointment at Chanel was not getting a glimpse of the LBD that Chanel is most famous for ( for the fashionably challenged..LBD = Little Black Dress, immortalized by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's!)..from here, we walked down to the Concorde and then...through the Jardin des Tuilleries to..the Louvre..its breathtakingly beautiful..and really huge!! walked inside the famous glass pyramid and went in..it was almost closing time so we just got all the information we needed and headed out..From here, walked towards La Seine and then walked on towards St. Michel Notre Dame..the area around this place is very parisien..picked up my first piece of Parisien clothing..a beret!!! totally rocks..dont think I will ever wear a cap again...went to the church and all tired, we trudged home..

Day 21: Sunday

Cooked a hearty meal..we ate well and left for the La Défense mall in the hope of buying a much needed raincoat..but everything was closed so we just watched Pirates of the Carribean and returned..nice movie..Orlando Bloom totally rocks!! complete paisa vasool..

Day 22: Monday

Did some work at the office and left for the La Défense mall again..and this time we returned triumphant! I got myself a cute raincoat ( reminiscent of little Red Riding Hood!)..also got meself a jigsaw puzzle! Made a nice sambhar and thats the end of Day 22

Day 23: Jai Hind

Happy Independence Day..went back to Champs Elysses..that place is magnetic..you cant help but go there..besides its the only place in Paris that is open after 8pm and that is open on public holidays (like today)..No, the French dont celebrate the Indian Independence day but across Europe, today is the day of Assumption (think it is to do with Christianity...not sre! I got a holiday..thats all that matters!)..went to GAP..fell in love..went to Sephora..fell in love again..bought a Hermes deo....rocks!!! Went to Haagen Das..fell in love..ate some brilliant ice cream...went to the Eiffel..stood amazed at the power of human imagination..returned home to make a kick ass Gobi Manchurian and rasam..divine end to another perfect day in Paris..Cant believe its already been 23 days..Time flies...

Day 24: Wednesday

Wrote this blog..did some work..super sleepy so leaving now...Au Revoir

2 comments:

shantanu said...

hey...i don't know how long ur dere...but u could probably think about going to austria..via eurail...heard its very beautiful..

JayaPrakash S said...

LOST!!!! Season 3 - :)

well you guys just need to walk through the park and you are home ... try that sometime... probably you will get to get lost there also ;)

yaar... along with day ** please give in the dates also. I am not able to relate as to when this is.

and about the soaps, I think you sould be thankful that you do not have to see them anymore..... and I never ever watch it... wither ways I am sure i can keep you updated for 3 months.. [nothing really happens in 3 months. you can come back and see one episode and understand the whole thing ;) ]