Thursday, August 31, 2006

Paris - Week 5

Paris - Week 5

Day 30 - 22nd August Tuesday - Champs Elysses Again!

Returned home late from work today..so Sachin and me took my mom to the only place that is open after 8...Champs Elysses..as far as I am concerned, Champs Elysses itself is a tourist destination..walked along to the Virgin Megastore..another glimpse of Davy Jones at the Disney store...that character must have been conjured up by an extremely gross person..and I am sure, just like Frankenstein he must have been astounded by his ghastly creation!! I deviate as usual from the topic..then walked over to FNAC..the Merc showroom...man to be rolling in that much money!!

Pit Stop at Sephora..even if I have no intention of buying anything, I am yet to walk out of Sephora without a Sephora bag on me..the lure is too much to resist!!! Reached home late enough...mom had as usual made some yummy food...my fave bhindi fry..so ate well and tachi..

And in response to a comment on my previous post, tachi is the fuel on which I run all day long..I have on occasion survived without food..but without tachi..I have no life..no soul..

Day 31 - 23rd August Wednesday - A month in Paris

Today I finish 1 month in Paris..time seems to fly...feels like yesterday when Sachin and I decided we would not like Paris and we kept calling it a village..now, we both seem to be madly in love with this city....Celebrated my one month with a nice bottle of wine..Grand Vin Bordeaux..have improved my wine gyaan so those of you interested in buying a good bottle for the "Higher-ups", do give me a holler...shall be glad to assist..the wine was really good..soft and mellow...not too sweet..just right...Took mom around to La Défense..saw the sky rises , the mall inside..Auchan..and back..

Day 32 - 24th August Thur

Reached home early today so we went around to Galleries LaFayette...another shopping paradise..dunno how or why my daily activities almost always involve shopping or travelling in some way...I'm in the wrong profession, I swear...anyways...La Fayette seems to be the most advertised shopping area in Paris..right from Charles De Gaulle to the metros to billboards, Galleries LaFayette is widely advertised...and boy..the hype is totally worth it!! Huge buildings..one for women..one for men..and god-knows how many more..every brand known to man, woman and child is here I guess...and the mall itself is an example of opulence..with an ornate dome and carved balconies...nice place to shop if you ask me..you get culture ( I am
sure shopping can be classified as a culture, an activity, a hobby and a lot more)..you get aesthetic beauty..you get an "experience to remember"..I am coming here again..just to look around and soak in the place if nothing else!
Returned home to a nice sambhar, courtesy Sachin and out!

Day 33 - Friday - Travel Time!
Leaving on a Euro Lines bus to Amsterdam today..Yippee!!! For the first time, I was actually going to a place without doing any research whatsoever!! So, I was not being my usual cock sure self this time! Anyways the bus was quiet comfy..I have been spoilt for bus journeys by a particular someone..but in spite of the obvious absence..I slept quite sound!

And this is an extremely short post by my standards!! My gift to all my readers...ha ha

1 comment:

JayaPrakash S said...

Quite a lot of shopping I must say.... mann will you ever finish shopping..

well i guess you have not yet visited la fayatte in mont parnesse... that too is HUGE... do go there do..

1 month and you have already living in champ Elysees, sure... you will return total pauper ;)

shorter note is OK ... well forgot to research about amsterdam... now i understand why you found everything strange there....